File Sharing + Storage with DropBox.comApril 03, 2014
WHAT IS DROPBOX?DropBox is a file hosting services operated by DropBox, Inc, offering cloud storage and file synchronization, accessible from your computer, phone, and other mobile devices, online and offline!
WHAT DOES DROPBOX COST?DropBox offers a free account that starts you off with 2 GB of storage space, but you can earn up to 18 GB total by sharing DropBox to others. If you need more space for yourself, accounts begin at $9.99 per month for up to 100 GB of storage space. And if you’ve thought about using it for business as a collaborative environment, they have a Business Version that starts at $15.00 per month per user.
WHY USE DROPBOX?DropBox is one of many cloud storage platforms, so why use the cloud? The cloud is a great way to back up important data, or to store data that you need to access from multiple locations. DropBox itself is easy to install, easy to use, and is very secure.
WHAT KIND OF FILES CAN I STORE?Photos, documents, videos… any files you wish!
WHAT ARE SOME BENEFITS AND FEATURES OF DROPBOX?
- Organize files into different folders.
- Share individual files or whole folders with others simply by entering their email.
- Unlock individual documents to reference them in hyperlinks from other websites.
- Update a document and it is updated everywhere without creating multiple versions.
- Print documents to your home printer from any device connected to your DropBox.
- Host a website from DropBox.
- Use DropBox to sync your Music Library and listen from anywhere.
ARE THERE ALTERNATIVES TO DROPBOX?EverNote and GoogleDrive both offer reliable cloud storage. EverNote: evernote.com
IS DROPBOX FOR PC AND MAC? Yes!For PCs: https://www.dropbox.com/install
For Macs: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?os=mac
Start planning your strategy on Facebook…Begin executing your plan…
And hold yourself to it!
You may download this article as a PDF in the right-hand column at the top of the list.
Contact Kelly with any questions you may have.